Monday, June 9, 2008

Our Garden

So Vic and and I have started gardening. I actually thought I would never like it because I hate the whole idea of sweating but I actually enjoy it. Most of our garden is herbs, vegetables, and fruits. Vic likes that because you can eat most of it and we are able to save some money (instead of paying those high prices at the grocery store for the exact same thing). So here are a few images are of what we have done so far.....






So a few of the pictures are actually from the front of our house in the courtyard area and then the rest are on the back.

So this picture was taken in our backyard. We are growing tomatoes and bell peppers (red and green), and a ton of basil. We are also growing red potatoes, carrots and cucumbers.
This picture was taken on the side part of our house. The are small cantaloupe plants, I am hoping they actually produce a few cantaloupes. I made sure that they have full sun and alot of water. I need to put something around them so the dogs and other small animals don't eat them. the other day I saw the largest rat on our neighbors fence (eewww) so I hope that any little critter does not start munching on our plants.




This picture is also from our backyard and it shows how large our basil plants our. The fence you see is a small fence Vic built to keep the dogs from stomping and peeing on our plants.

So we will keep you all updated with pictures and progress of what our garden produces.

No comments: